Tuesday, July 15, 2008

From The Linen Closet ~ Silk Maltese Bobbin Lace Doilies

Visit The Gatherings, to see all of the beautiful antique and vintage textiles I have ~ antique clothing, hats, accessories, children's clothing, vintage bed and table linens, antique children's toys, vintage sewing notions, quilts and so much more!

Subscribe to The Gatherings Antique Vintage by Email

In my last post I had written about the lovely silk Maltese Cross Bobbin lace flounce. Lo and behold soon I wrote the post I received in the mail a group of silk bobbin lace doilies. Certainly the timing was perfect to write another article to show you this group of four 6" doilies all hand made.

They are so dainty. The color of the silk thread used is just the most beautiful shade giving the doilies an aire of importance.

And yet another picture of these beauties. The group is from the late Victorian or early 1900's era. Thought I would share and hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your post while searching for lace doilies. Oh, aren't those beautiful and so much love and talent went into making them. Thank you for sharing.