Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Tuesday Morning Appointment ~ Buying Victorian Clothing

Visit The Gatherings, to see all of the beautiful antique and vintage textiles I have ~ antique clothing, hats, accessories, children's clothing, vintage bed and table linens, antique children's toys, vintage sewing notions, quilts and so much more!

Subscribe to The Gatherings Antique Vintage by Email

Out of the blue last week I was contacted by a client who wished to sell her Victorian and Edwardian clothing (mostly children's), laces, trims and a few other assorted cloth items. She has a collection of artist bears and purchased many pieces of clothing for a complete wardrobe for her bears to wear. Oh my, what a prize collection of garments those bears had to choose from!!

After a few emails and a phone call we set up an appointment for this past Tuesday morning. As she was within a half hour driving distance from me it was an easy appointment to get to. Upon arriving I did recognize her as being a buyer from Linda Mullins Teddy Bear Show in San Diego. I had sold at Linda's show for many years and had many clients who purchased my children's clothing, laces, trims & collars to dress their bears. So as I looked through her pretty things we talked about the show and other stores around the area. It was quite a delightful morning.

As I left her home with my newly acquired purchases in tow my thoughts were with the lady I just left. Even though I am only the caretaker of these items for alittle while I feel compelled to find a suitable home for each and every one of these treasures.

I thought I would show you a few of my purchased items ~ ~ ~ ~

A lovely Victorian vest made of Valenciennes lace insets alternating with rueshed lawn fabric.

Hand made Duchesse Lace yardage - oh is this yummy!

Torchon Bobbin Lace edged linen center handkerchief - unused condition.

A delightful yoke never used. Made of darn net lace with a great motif of birds, flora, and geometric design.

For further details on these items please read here

I will be posting other photos of this fabulous collection so will keep you updated.

No comments: