Thursday, January 3, 2008

A 19th C Storage Cupboard

Visit The Gatherings, to see all of the beautiful antique and vintage textiles I have ~ antique clothing, hats, accessories, children's clothing, vintage bed and table linens, antique children's toys, vintage sewing notions, quilts and so much more!

Subscribe to The Gatherings Antique Vintage by Email

I have started the new year off right by at last finding a storage cupboard to fit my needs. I have been searching for about 2 years for an early cupboard in paint to use in my office/bedroom. Well, my search is over with a purchase today of nice 19thC square nailed, paneled door cupboard in dry red paint. With the blind door I can keep out of sight and still keep track of merchandise / inventory. It even has a peg rack around the inside top so will be perfect for hanging antique & vintage children's clothing. The size of the cupboard is perfect, too, measuring 38" wide x 16" deep x 73" high.

Of course, moving it into the house & then on to the bedroom was a bit of a chore but the biggest part was moving everything so we could even get it in!! Does that sound like an antique dealer's quarters?? Now that it is finally in its resting place & I stand back to admire, I am truly in love with it.

And now I wonder about its history..... the family and the home it was from?

No comments: